Basic Skills Curriculum (5 years & up)
Basic Skills teaches the FUNdamentals of ice skating and provides the best foundation for figure skating, hockey, and speedskating. Six progressive levels introduce forward and backward skating, stops, edges, crossovers, and turns.
Upon completion of the Basic Skills 1-6 levels, skaters will be able to confidently advance to more specialized areas of skating. All classes will be well-structured with the focus on proper skill development taught in a positive, FUN, and social environment. Skaters will progress at their own rate and advance after skill mastery is demonstrated.
Discover, Learn and Play – Basic 1 and 2: These introductory levels are for beginners and allow new skaters with no prior skating experience to build confidence while learning to skate.
FUNdamentals – Basic 3–6: These levels develop all of the fundamental skating skills on the ice. Focus is on learning the ABCs of basic athleticism: agility, balance, coordination and speed. Upon completion of these levels, skaters will be able to confidently advance to more specialized areas of skating.
- Skate rental is available from the ice arena for an additional fee of $3 per lesson. If you would like to purchase a pair of skates we suggest Reidell beginner skates. Please make sure that your skates are properly sharpened.
- All students 6 years and under are required to wear a helmet; although all beginners should wear one. We suggest an inline or roller blade skating helmet, however a bicycle helmet will do in a pinch.
- All students must wear gloves.
- Dress in light layers.
Spring Session of Basic Skills- Registration, Schedule and Pricing
Registration forms are always available at the Beaver County Ice Arena, and you may stop by at any time to register. Groups fill up quickly - so get your registration in early.
We accept cash or checks only.
SCHEDULE AND FEES FOR 2017 SPRING SESSION
Thursday: March 16, 23, 30; April 6, 13, 20, 27; May 11, 18 (NO Class May 4) (9 Lessons)
- Basic Skills (5yrs-up) Levels 1, 2, & 3: 5:30 to 6:00pm, $130 before March 11; $144 after March 11 + $13.25 Learn to Skate USA Membership
- Basic Skills (5yrs-up) Levels 4, 5, & 6: 6:00 to 6:30pm, $130 before March 11; $144 after March 11 + $13.25 Learn to Skate USA Membership
Please note: This year you may sign up for your Learn to Skate USA membership online at www.learntoskateusa.com. You will need to provide your membership certificate or confirmation email with your registration form. Otherwise you must pay the membership fee at the time of registration.
Contact Information for Group Lessons
For more information please contact Gina Panella at email@example.com or 724-601-4015 (text message is preferred).